SUPPORT THE LOCALS
HOW IT ALL STARTED
In the beginning, we struggled with the idea of how to spread the message of supporting local. We eventually decided to make some stickers, and began handing them out at our local Farmers Market. From there, we visited some of our favourite downtown spots, and a few of them even put our sticker in the window. We soon learned that many others were actively supporting local, and happy to help spread our message.
Support The Locals is about building stronger and more vibrant communities. We believe in looking out for our neighbours and extending a hand. Our goal is to encourage everyone to support local. Whether it’s a restaurant, a farmer or a local shop owner, these people have a vested interest in making your community a uniquely better place to live. After all, the people are what make the city.
When you support local, you are far more likely to see direct benefits from it.
- Shopping locally decreases your carbon footprint.
- Local business owners are more likely to contribute to the growth of a community through social initiatives.
- Word of mouth travels fast, therefore locals are far more accountable for the product or service they provide.
- They are also more likely to re-invest their dollars locally, than a non-locally owned business.
- Local vendors typically offer something distinctly unique that can’t be found anywhere else.
- Did we mention it feels good to know your helping out your neighbours?
Support The Locals is more than just a slogan. It’s the motto for our lives. We are proud to have all our products made in North America, by socially responsible artisans and manufacturers. There will always be a cheaper, less ethical way of making things, but we think a little differently. Creating a quality line of products, while positively contributing to the livelihood of our neighbours, just feels right.
When you’re given the opportunity to make a difference, we think you should take it. Support The Locals is committed to doing our part. For every item purchased, we will donate 10% of our profits to organizations with local initiatives.
Support The Locals is so much more than a company selling t-shirts. It’s a way of life for us, and we believe that it can have a lasting impact on the community. So if the very least we can do is, start a conversation, then we’ve accomplished our goal.