At Tad Pepper we produce all of our bags, pillows and house wear products at home in our Dundas Ontario studio. As a family we work together to come up with our colourful designs keeping with fun, fashion and function in mind.
We love to sail and our first Tad Pepper bag came about 8 years ago out of the need for a soft, packable weekender perfect for stowing away onboard. The big Muskoka weekender in Greek Mediterranean Blue (one of our favourite sailing destinations) was our first bag, which soon became a hit with friends and family. We saw a demand and starting producing for craft shows 5 years ago and the story unfolds from there.
If you’ve ever seen or felt our products you would also know that we have a love for luxurious, textured, natural, hand-made fabrics, which are hard to find without going to the weavers directly. The fabrics you see are Tad Pepper’s proprietary design, we love to design fabrics and have a knack for sourcing out high quality fabrics from traditional artisan weavers. Our fabric colours range from soft, muted, natural tones to bright, fun and cheerful.
If you haven’t felt our luxuriously soft and textured fabrics we invite you to come see for yourself at Kempenfest 2018 booth #75.
A few more details about our fabrics and accents:
• Hand loomed by artisans that are third party certified fair trade.
• Hand dyed using Azo free natural dyes.
• Our traditionally made fabrics take two months to produce from start to finish; hand dyed and hand-loomed.
• Our buttons are natural as well made from coconut or wood.
• Our handloom is cold washable and weathers like a good pair of jeans; soft and durable.