EMERGING TALENT 2019
Application Deadline is May 1, 2019
As we approach the 50th Arts and Crafts festival at Kempenfest, we are offering the opportunity for those artisans, crafters or creators who are early on in their careers, and/or have never participated at this show, a chance to partake. We have created this special event to highlight local talent and give the opportunity to experience everything Kempenfest has to offer but on a smaller scale.
The Huronia Festival of Arts and Crafts (HFAC) has provided a 40’ by 50’ marquee which will host a juried selection of 12 artisans from the Simcoe County Region. Each selected participant will have access to an 8’ by 5’ space to display their products or artwork. This space is not restricted to traditional artists and encourage crafters, designers, or anyone of small creative business to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Selling arts and crafts at Kempenfest can be a profitable venture if you are prepared to be successful. The space you rent is both your studio, showroom and gallery for the duration of the three day event. Success will be influenced by how well you organize and show both your wares and yourself.
You can find the application for Emerging Talent 2019 below, or simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be more than happy to send you an application and answer any questions you may have.
Step 1: Download and complete the application.
Step 2: Attach application and required photographs. This is very important, failure to do so will not result in a successful application
Step 3: Send application in an email addressed to email@example.com with subject line “Emerging Artist Application”.
Please read the application fully. We have certain requirements in order for you to be eligible to participate, including photos and a description of your product. Failure to meet these requirements could mean your application is automatically rejected.
The deadline for the application is May 1st, 2019. If you have been selected, the HFAC requires payment within one week of being notified in order to secure your space. Failure to do so will dismiss you from participating and the space will go to the next eligible applicant. The cost for this space for the three day event is $200.00 (tax included).
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Kempenfest is a three day event and you will be expected to be present at your booth from the opening on each day from 10:00am to 6:00pm Saturday to Monday. Details of set up and take down times can be found on the application form.
- As this is an outdoor show the ground on which your booth is located will not be perfectly flat. The ability to adjust your display material to fit the space you are using will help create a solid foundation for your arts and crafts.
- Getting your display material and inventory to the booth can be a separate challenge. On the set up day there will be a number of vendors doing the same as you. It is possible to drive your vehicle to the booth location to unload.
- All vehicles must be off the park by 9:00am on each day the Festival is open to the public and cannot return until AFTER 6:00pm. Parking on the road is allowed but limited so come early.
- You will need to ensure sufficient inventory for each day you are open. If you have to park off site then consider bringing a cart to transport the fixtures, fittings and inventory from your vehicle to the booth.
- Security is every ones responsibility. Please be aware when setting up your display that not everyone is honest. Theft occurs everywhere. Keep all items secure and do not make it easy for anyone to steal anything from your booth. At the end of each day secure your booth and remove money and other valuables from your space. There are security patrols throughout the night but the organizers take no responsibility for any loss however caused
Please contact with any questions, we are always happy to answer.
The HFAC Team